Abstracts must conform with the following guidelines.
Abstract Submission Site Opens: February 2018
Abstract Deadline: Monday, April 9, 2018
Notification Sent: Week of May 21, 2018
Click here to download and print abstract policies.
- Beginning in 2018, there is a non-refundable abstract fee of $30 USD per abstract, due at the time of abstract submission. Payments must be made via credit card on the submission site; checks are not accepted.
- This abstract fee does not register you for the meeting. All accepted abstract must register separately in order to attend. The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the Annual Meeting. No refunds will be processed, even is an abstract is withdrawn.
- The abstract fee covers submission of your abstract and administrative fees for processing and reviewing abstracts.Accepted abstracts will be published in the ‘Human Immunology’ journal supplement, as well as in the ASHI mobile app, at no additional charge.
Why is there an abstract fee?
- There is a large cost associated with collecting, processing, and reviewing all abstracts. This nominal fee helps to ensure all abstracts will be processed and peer reviewed at the highest standards.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- All capital letters, do not include author or institutions, no period at the end and no abbreviations.
- Authors will be printed in the order entered.
- Enter institutions including the following: department, institution, city, state/province, and country.
- Character Limit: Abstracts are limited to 2,000 characters. This includes text plus any graphic/table, but not the title or authors.
- Tables/graphics deduct 250 characters no matter how many characters the table itself contains. The submission site supports both .gif and jpg graphic formats.
- Abbreviations: A maximum of five (5) unique abbreviations are allowed within the body of the abstract.
- Format: Abstracts of original work should be structured into the following four (4) content sections:
- Clinical cases should be structured into one content section in their entirety.
- Selected abstracts will be published in a supplement of Human Immunology which will serve as the official abstract book for the meeting.
- Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
- The presenting author will serve as the contact author and will be responsible to complete disclosure information for all co-authors.
- Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after Monday, April 9, 2018, 11:59 PM, Central Time.
- To withdraw an abstract prior to Monday, April 9, 2018, 11:59 PM, Central Time, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com. Please provide the abstract title, number and your contact information for verification.
- Abstracts are blindly reviewed and graded by experts in the field. They will be reviewed based on their clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts failing this criteria will not be accepted.
- The complete program and all selected abstracts will be posted on the ASHI website prior to the meeting. Please note: Authors must agree to publish their submission online and in the journal in order to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Previous Presentation of Abstracts
- Abstracts are NOT considered for presentation if they were either published as an article or previously presented at a national or international meeting prior to the date of their presentation.
- Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966: 14:103) and must meet all the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Use of Animals
- All studies involving the use of animals must conform to the 1991 revision of "Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals" (American Physiological Association).
- Awards will be issued to the first author. The first author is considered the lead researcher and/or takes primary responsibility for the abstract.
- International Scholar: $500.00 awarded to the highest ranked international abstract.
- ASHI Scholar: $225.00 awarded to the top three abstracts.
- Case Study Awards: The highest ranking case studies; one for stem cell and one for solid organ will be presented at the respective workshops and will receive a $200.00 award. Awardees will be announced during the final symposium session.
- Posters may be considered for awards in four categories: Most Innovative, Most Clinically Relevant, People's Choice and President's Choice. To be eligible, you must indicate during the abstract process whether you would like to be considered for one of these awards. A maximum of four awards will be granted. Winning posters will be announced at the Awards Symposium and will receive a ribbon and award of $100.00 each.
Changes to Abstracts After Submission
- You can edit the abstract in the submission site up until the submission deadline of Monday, April 9, 2018,11:59 PM, Central Time.
- When you have completed your online abstract form, click Finalize Abstract, but ONLY when you are sure that your abstract is complete and in final form.
- Abstract notifications will be sent the week of Monday, May 21, 2018. Abstracts will be accepted based on the clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts falling outside of these parameters will not be accepted.